Holidays In The United States (with Esteban Marquez)
"It's all about how you present yourself."
Esteban Marquez is a Product Designer on the Funsize team. He's also a very talented graphic designer and artist. Esteban and I discuss his experience in the various design fields that led to his recent transition to digital product design, the importance of personal branding and differentiating yourself, and much more.
On this episode we discuss:
- Esteban's design career experience and journey
- Art direction vs. product design
- The value of both deep focus and variety
- Onboarding designers and what it feels like joining a new design team
- What it's like hustling when you're first getting started
- Creating a personal brand, a persona, and a story that differentiates yourself
- The value of working in a team setting
- Managing ego and empathy
- Designing your life
Visit the Funsize website
Subscribe to The Funsize Digest