Empathetic Project Management (feat. Rachel Gertz)
Building teams, assessing how projects are run.
Rachel Gertz, Partner, Systems Consultant & Trainer at Louder than ten discusses some philosophies around project management. And roles and disciplines as teams grow and projects evolve over time.
- Emotional intelligence: empathy is taught.
- Be a champion for your team, they are dealing with a lot
- Should designers PM? Designers need to have empathy too
- When building teams hire less for fit, and more for the ability to make decisions based on business goals.
- PM's role needs to be unique because they need to be held accountable for project success/failure. Strategy focus
- Creative has the load of creativity, is it fair to have the role of asking the hard questions like scope, goals, body language.
Visit the Funsize website
Subscribe to The Funsize Digest
Check out Funsize on Instagram